Monday, April 11, 2011

Illustration: Botanical Project

I'm currently redoing my botanical project for my VC (Visual Communication) application portfolio. The outline to the project is to basically reproduce in pen and ink a chosen photo of a botanical garden, in this case one of the tropical areas of the Calgary Zoo. The student must be able to demonstrate a sense of foreground and background and tonal values. The student must also include 2 inserts of a specific plant int the the image as a detailed study. Fun times!
Original image with a couple classmates in it. Adrian was one mad bro when he found out I took him out of the picture.

I feel like such a studious art student when I look at this photo. teehee
and I love seeing photos of work spaces. There's just something very genuine and honest about the work being produced when you can see the environment it's being created in.

pencil pencil pencil

ink ink ink. in 0.05, 0.1, 0.3, 0.5, 0.7 fine liners.

No comments:

Post a Comment