Wednesday, May 25, 2011

VC Application Portfolio 2011

So I didn't have to sacrifice a small child to get into VC after all.....

Here are some not-so-well-done documentations of my favorite pieces in my application portfolio for the Bachelor of Design Program at ACAD. I didn't include digital work because you can just visit my older posts to see them.

I still have much to learn but I'm glad that the Design Department at ACAD deemed my determination worthy of their instruction!

OH! There are also some sketchbook pieces to go with this but I'm too lazy to scan them right now. Keep checkin back, they'll be on soooooon!

Design Fundamentals - Expressive Text"Sink or Swim". cut paper on mayfair.

Design Fundamentals - Geometric Abstraction. cut paper on rail card.

Design Fundamentals - Negative Space Balance (or something along those lines). gouache on hot press illustration board.

Color Fundamentals - Alter Ego (there's another half to this project that I don't wanna post because I don't like the way it turned out. It was supposed to be two self portraits. One of you as you see yourself with the same colors used harmoniously and the second, this one, depicting your alter ego using the same split complimentary colors high high discord....). acrylic on hot press illustration board.


Anatomy - Spine/Shoulder Blade/Skull Study From Skeleton Model. graphite and ball point pen.
Anatomy - Spine/Shoulder Blade Study From Skeleton Model. graphite and ball point pen. (detail)

Anatomy - Spine/Shoulder Blade Study From Skeleton Model. graphite and ball point pen. (detail)

Anatomy - Skull Study From Skeleton Model. ball point pen. (detail)

Drapery on Model Study. graphite, white chalk, on bfk rives.
Drapery Study (detail)

Anatomy - Figure Skeletal Study from Nude Model. 20 min pose...I think...graphite on newsprint.

Anatomy -  Skeletal Studies of Nude Models, 30 second poses. china marker on news print.

Anatomy -  Skeletal Studies of Nude Models, 30 second poses. china marker on news print.


Still life. Some people draw whole fruits.....I ate mine. All that was left was on slice of orange. teehee. graphite on some kind of fine art paper that I can't remember.

Design Drawing - Botanical Study (Calgary Zoo). fine liners on mayfair.

Botanical detail. stipple like a BOSS!
detail look at the insanity called stippling.

Botanical detail...another one.



last one. botanical detail.
Fashion Allegory. ball point pen, pencil crayon on bfk rives.

Dreamer. blue pencil, white pencil crayon, white chalk/pencil crayon/gouache on bfk rives.

dreamer face detail.

dreamer toy craft detail.

dreamer space suit detail.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Your patience is crazy.
    I love your drawings :D:D

    ReplyDelete