Monday, April 11, 2011

Poster: Be Among the Stars

This is a project for my Urban Landscape class a couple weeks ago. The assignment was "Future Cities"

I ended up taking the project to a very literal sense with art deco posters as my inspiration. It's pretty much an advertisement poster of some sort set in a time where humans have fully colonized the Earth and the Moon. Now they're looking at ascending beyond the Moon to be among the stars in some megalopolises set in spiffy looking snow dome looking space stations/colonies.

I was also inspired by Les Brown's famous quote "Shoot for the moon, even if you miss you'll land among the stars."

20 x 45 inches


I'm going to start uploading some of my favorite projects from the past 2 semesters as I'm nearing the deadline for my VC application portfolio.

No comments:

Post a Comment