Monday, April 11, 2011

Poster: Euphoria

This was the "Drawing Happiness" project for my Studio and Research class. I wanted to add more detail but since I had to have it finished by a certain time to get it printed in time I ended up cutting a lot of detail out, I left just enough in so that it would look and feel more complete. I spent a lot of time playing around with the colors and came up with two great color schemes. The darker version was selected for a Daily Deviation on DeviantArt.com which got me a lot on attention on DA. It was nice :)

Blue pencil + White Pencil Crayon on Grey BFK Rives. 

Euphoria (Warm)

Euphoria (Cool)

I ended up printing them as posters measuring about 24 x 34 inches and selling them at the school show and sale for $60.00 CAD each. They didn't sell as well as I wanted  them to mostly because almost everyone who comes to the ACAD Show & Sale are looking for more tangible/one-of-a-kind items like sculptures, canvas paintings or jewelery. However It did get me noticed for being a more stylized illustrator, and I got the attention of the Sled Island Music Festival Coordinator, which might land me an illustration gig in may for the festival. Keeping my finger's crossed for that one. And the fact that I'm not even in the design/illustration major yet got me pretty stoked.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so impressed by everything you have created! And really stoked for you to hopefully get that Sled Island Gig, I'm rooting for you! <3

    ReplyDelete